They're alive!...mostly.





It's been about a week since I started the seeds for our upcoming spring/summer garden. Everything has sprouted except for the peppers. I'm hoping that they will eventually sprout, even if we do keep the house temp at a cool 63 degrees. I put a heating pad underneath the box that they've been started in and it seems to keep things warm and steamy in seed-land. The cat grass was the first thing to really take off and I let Pants and Gizmo have it at this week. They seemed to really enjoy it, however, I think the grass needs to build a better root system because the cats were pulling it up when they tried to chew on it. I think it will be readier next week.

In other news, Knoxville got tons o' snow this past weekend (when I say tons, I mean about 4"!) and Mr. Growbot and I had a swell time. We played around in it a bit, including sledding on a piece of styrofoam insulation we found in the garage. We even made a Snowcat! They're forecasting for snow again this coming weekend, so who knows what kind of adventures we'll get into next. I'm thinking orange marmalade- more on that next week.

-Mrs. Growbot

0 comments:

Post a Comment