Knitting Madness!!! and other old lady news






Since winter 2010 seems to be never ending, I've recently picked up knitting to have something to do in my spare time. My boss's wife and her mother are knitting experts and were kind enough to have some knitting teaching parties for their friends. I've only learned basic knitting so far (casting on, basic knit, and casting off- for you knitters out there) but I've already accomplished quite a bit. I've made about a quarter of a very large scarf and one and a half dishcloths. The scarf is quite the task since I've made it so wide, so I figure I'll probably be able to actually wear it by next winter. The dishcloths, on the other hand, are nice and quick, not to mention useful. When Mr. Growbot and I got married, we received several knitted dishcloths as a wedding gift, and I use them all the time. They do a great job at scrubbing, yet they are soft and gentle on delicate items like glass. Hopefully I'll be churning them out quick enough to replace our old ones as they age.

In other news, the seedlings are starting to look like real plants and everything is doing pretty well. I will (hopefully) be planting some herb seeds and a few more broccoli seeds this weekend for the upcoming growing season. Last weekend the weather was great, so Mr. Growbot and I were able to get out and take care of the raised beds in our garden. The soil looks great and was full of fat, happy worms, which is always a good sign. I can't wait until growing season actually starts! Until next time...

-Mrs. Growbot

0 comments:

Post a Comment